A First-Year Student Success Initiative
The Legacy Program (Minority Male Success Initiative) is designed to connect minority male students to campus resources, enhance their academic and personal experiences, help navigate roadblocks, and provide additional support as needed. Through the use of monthly meetings, mentor relationships, and self-evaluation the program guides its participants toward achieving the highest levels of academic, professional, and personal development.
Academic & Professional Development
Legacy offers activities and experiences developed to boost your skills in the classroom and in the workplace.
- One-on-One Coaching – Weekly coaching sessions are available to help you find personal success if you prefer individual support.
- Legacy Meet-ups – Allow you to be heard, meet campus champions for your success, and join together to connect, share information, and build supportive relationships with others.
- Field Trips – Off-campus outings open your mind to outstanding learning, social, and job-related opportunities.
- Leadership Opportunities – Legacy helps you develop personal leadership skills through participation in campus and community events.
- Workshops – Workshop activities provide you with opportunities to learn new, or improve upon existing, skills.
- Conferences – Your confidence, character, and personal perspective are expanded through active participation in local and regional conferences.
- Guest Speakers – Dynamic thinkers and leaders deliver powerful messages to inspire and encourage you.
Legacy prepares you for success in the classroom and success in life. To inspire personal growth, Legacy provides programming that helps you build on your strengths, while learning how to address and overcome any challenges you may have for finding success in college.
- How to Get Involved on Campus
- How to Build Positive Relationships
- How to Communicate Effectively