READY TO DISCOVER THE WORLD?
Before you sign up…
DCCC study abroad programs cover a good amount of ground each day. Expect from two to three hours walking on some touring days. Elevators and escalators are less frequent and you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. You need to be able to keep up with the group and handle your own luggage at all times. The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) does not apply in other countries and DCCC faculty are not permitted to physically assist study abroad participants. These trips are not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or who have heart conditions. If you cannot fit in an airline seat with a seatbelt extender, many airlines will require you to buy a second seat. This is in addition to the advertised cost of the program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Suzanne LaVenture (Director of International Education) or disability services.
Complete the Application to indicate your interest.
Make your enrollment official and secure your spot.
- Pay your $100 Study Abroad Fee to the DCCC Business Office. This fee is non-refundable and covers insurance during time of travel and support before, during, and after study abroad. You may pay in person at the Business Office or Davie Campus Front Desk or you may call 336.224.4545 to pay with a credit or debit card. The Business Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Brooks Student Center. Refer to your trip page for details about the deadline. Space is limited on each program.
- Check with your study abroad leaders regardingpayment schedule and make payments on time to ensure you remain enrolled in the program.
Sign up through your program’s third-party provider, if applicable.
- For Japan, visit explorica.com/Williamson-8380
- For Scotland, visit explorica.com/Thomas-8076
- For Argentina, visit https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=qPgLX958oEuNehPDgKABtV7jL4tZimNMi-U1YzRf-DdUQkM4OUNQRE02VThTOURQOE44VTVZVlNCVi4u
- For Ireland, no additional registration is needed.
Complete the Particulars Form, which is required of all travelers.
Step 5 (DEADLINE HAS PASSED)
Apply for Scholarships, no later than Sunday, September 16, 2018, by 11:59 PM for 2019 trips.
Register for HUM 180 or the equivalent Continuing Education course.
Steps 1-3 will need to be completed before you can register for the course. Contact your advisor during the registration period, or your trip leader for more information.
Visit the link above to get started on your passport application, if needed. Passports typically take 4-6 weeks to process, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to compile your application, passport photos, supporting documents, and passport fee. If you already have a passport, be sure it will not expire until at least six months after the time of your trip; otherwise, you should renew.