Summer Only Loan Borrowers
After you have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and you have submitted all requested documents to the DCCC Financial Aid Office, you will need to follow the steps below to apply for a federal student loan:
- STEP 1: Go to the Student Loan web site at www.studentloans.gov.
- STEP 2: Set up your student account at the Sign In box using your PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- STEP 3: Please read the instructions under the Learn More box and especially the “Direct Loan Overview” and “What you need for Direct Loans?”
- STEP 4: Complete the Entrance Counseling online. This must be completed before we originate your loan.
All students, including current students, who plan to borrow Federal Direct Stafford loans MUST complete new loan entrance counseling each year.
- STEP 5: Complete the Master Promissory Note online (e-MPN).
All students, including current students, who plan to borrow Federal Direct Stafford Loans MUST complete a new Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) each year.
- STEP 6: After you complete the entrance counseling and the e-MPN online, you will need to attend an on-campus group session.
For 2014 Summer Only available dates, click here
Financial Aid Office
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - noon
Call Us: 336.249.8186, ext. 6393
Fax Number: 336.224.0240
Financial Aid Deadlines
FAFSA Application: November 15, 2013
FAFSA File completion: Dec. 1, 2013
Admissions Application/Placement: Dec. 1, 2013
FAFSA Application: April 15, 2014
FAFSA File Completion: May 1, 2014
Admissions Application/Placement: May 10, 2014
FAFSA Application: June 1, 2014
FAFSA File Completion: June 15, 2014
Admissions Application/Placement: August 1, 2014