DCCC has partnered with ed2go to offer hundreds of great online continuing education courses at an affordable cost of only $75. Choose from the following topics: Accounting and Finance, Business, Computer Applications, Design and Composition, Language and Arts, Teaching and Education, Technology, and Writing and Publishing, and more.
Each online course offers two lessons per week for six weeks. You may access the lessons any day of the week at any time of the day or night. Each new lesson is available beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday and is available for the duration of the course. The final exam and all lessons will be available for 10 days following the close of the course. Lessons include interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, and online discussion areas. (Hint: The discussion area includes much useful information.)
Starting dates for DCCC ed2go online courses are as follows
|July 16, 2014||January 21, 2015|
|August 20, 2014||February 18, 2015|
|September 17, 2014||March 18, 2015|
|October 15, 2014||April 15, 2015|
|November 12, 2014||May 20, 2015|
|December 10, 2014||June 17, 2015|
To have a grade of successful completion you must:
- Make a minimum grade of 70 on the final exam (Final exam can only be accessed one time).
- Reply to an email from a DCCC Staff member. Because of auditing requirements, we must have signature verification from all students in our online programs. Please reply to the email you will receive from DCCC requesting your name and the course you are registered in.
- We encourage you to complete the quiz at the end of each lesson. You are not graded on these quizzes, but this will help you know if you understand the course content of the lesson.
Certificates of Achievement
The Workforce and Continuing Education Division offers 10 Certificates of Achievement that may help you strengthen your current skills, learn new skills, or provide you with valuable knowledge to advance in your current career. All courses are offered online.
In order to receive a Certificate of Achievement, the following requirements must be met:
* You must successfully complete each required course and any elective requirements.
* Once you have completed all of the courses required for your certificate, you must email Janet Caudle with a list of those courses. Please be sure to add your full name to the email. She can be reached at email@example.com or 336.998.3220.
Certificates of Achievement are offered in the following areas:
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Administration: Management
- Business Administration: Operations Management
- Computer Technician
- Grant Writing Consultant
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Web Page Design
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In order to take an online course, you will need
1. Internet access
2. Email address
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator web browser
4. Appropriate software (i.e., Word, Photoshop, etc.)
5. Meet prerequisite requirements, if necessary
To verify that you have the necessary software, click on the “Courses” button described in Step 1 below for a detailed description of what is needed.
Step 1: Visit the Online Instruction Center
Click the Courses link. Once you choose the department and course title you are interested in, select the Enroll Now button. Follow the instructions to enroll. Here you will enter your email address and choose a password that will grant you access to the classroom. When your course starts, return to our Online Instruction Center and click the Classroom link. To begin your studies, simply log in with the email address and password you selected during enrollment.
Step 2: Register with DCCC
Registration with DCCC is required. Click here if you have not already registered with DCCC.
Step 3: Accessing the Classroom
You will be able to start your course(s) as soon as the start date you choose arrives. Return to the Online Instruction Center, click the Classroom link, and follow the instructions. In order to record a grade of successful completion you must make a grade of 70 or better on the final exam. You are encouraged to complete the quiz at the end of each lesson, but are not graded on these quizzes. For future reference, each lesson can be saved onto your hard drive or you can print out the information.
Step 4: Grade Report and Course Evaluation
DCCC has discontinued the mailing of continuing education grade reports. Please go to StormTrac and Student E-mail Website to create an account in StormTrac which will give you rights to view your grade report and transcripts. Finally, please take a few minutes to answer the questions in the Evaluation section. This gives us valuable feedback on your online course experience.
If you have questions once your course begins, please send an email to email@example.com. If you have comments or additional questions for DCCC that are not covered above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the help link on the ed2go website.
One final word – the biggest challenge for some students appears to be self-discipline. Some students have difficulty handling the flexibility of the lesson scheduling. You need to set aside time to do the les-sons on a regular basis so that you will not get behind, even with the 10-day grace period at the end of the course. Decide each week when you will complete the lessons and take the quizzes, then do your best to stick with your plan!